This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BARTLETT SQUARED

Yo my friends,

Well Melissa is off to the yoga studio so I finished up the pear painting and have started another Gulf Reflections piece.

BARTLETT SQUARED
14 X 11 
CANVAS PANEL

As you can see, I've thrown some red into the pears which results in the green popping.  This is using complimentary color to achieve the popping of the green.

I always like to put the indication of movement into the foreground of my still life pieces as otherwise they become very static - kind of just sit there!!!!  The movement IMHO opinion makes the eyes of the viewer move around and sort of dance over the canvas and to some degree makes the eyes of the viewer go up to the subject matter.



Some detail for my inquisitive ( anal  )buddies





JR       :>)