This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Painting high lights of the past week

Hello my  friends,

I've been working with a certain style of painting which primarily is found in the French speaking parts of Quebec Canada.  It is termed Quebecois Painterly style.  It is sort of a rustic style whereby forms are presented in a very loose manner - such as roof lines the are somewhat sagging and windows are not all that straight - it loosely depicts the countryside of Quebec with the use of bright colors and free flowing strokes.

"Quebecois No. XII"




I've been missing the southwest and the desert - this is sort of a semi-abstract rendering of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix AZ.

Camelback Mountain - The other side



I've been trying to overlook winter for years now - managed to do it for 7 years while living in Arizona and and will accomplish that while here in Florida - so I decided to do a very quick painting titled

OVERLOOKING WINTER




Hope you enjoyed these pieces and if you have any questions or are interested in any paintings click on my email address at the beginning of the blog and I will respond to your inquiry.

I put in a couple of extra pieces this week and cut down a bit on the jibber jabber :>)

I will be back in about a week .

Enjoy your week

JR       :>)