This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, March 1, 2014

Palette Knife

Yo my friends,

Part of my study and development of a "Painterly Style" is the use of a palette knife.  I love the palette knife and if it were not for the cost of the excess paint ($$$$$$$) used, I would paint with nothing but my palette knife - my brushes would be obsolete!!~

The following pieces is titled "Buddies - Miami Art Deco" and was done with a palette knife - very quickly on a single sheet of  heavy canvas.

The use of a palette knife is a great way to loosen up ones style as well as produce a "Painterly" painting with a looseness that cannot be obtained with brushes.

Hope you enjoy.









JR   :>)