This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rocky Coastline Acadia NP Maine

Acadia is a beautiful National park located in the Bar Harbor area of Maine - we spent some time there during our year of travelling the USA & Canada in our 31 foot self contained RV.  Truly majestic!!!

This painting is 16 x 20 on heavy linen acid free paper - painted with Chroma Interactive Professional acrylic paints.  This is a painterly style but certainly not as loosely done as most of my work of late. For some reason I had an urge to include more detail into this painting - I assume because my memory if it was that of very visible beauty.


I throw in the sky - a distant land mass and the ocean along with the start of the "rocky coastline".



I build on the rocks giving them dimension - a shadow side and a sun side



I continue to build the coastline rock giving them texture and making them look HARD!!


I add in some waves and ocean overflow and splashing onto the rocks


DETAIL OF ROCKS



If you have any questions about this painting or any others feel free to contact me at:

rvpainter@gmail.com


JR     :>)