This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MORE PACKING AND PERHAPS PAINTING

Well today, my day off, I'm doing more packing.  A little story about my day off:
As I mentioned, I have deemed Wednesday as my day off - being retired, most people  think that every day  is a day off.  However I have proven those people wrong with a dissertation on what I do with some of the days of the week.  As an example on Wednesday I always do the laundry (creature of habit!)  That being said - we have a standard joke in our house - on Wednesday my DW (RV talk for darling wife - I'll let you figure out DH) always asks "what are you going to do today?"  I always reply with "It's my day off -- I've got work to do!"  I guess you had to be there - it was funny at one time - 16 years ago when I retired!! :>)

OK - down to business as I started to digress once again -

Today I did the laundry as mentioned above (just seeing if you are paying attention) - after that I packed 4 more medium size boxes - one box is labelled "casual shirts for Mexico, Florida and Caribbean - I hope I get to open that one REAL SOON!!!!!  :>)

Over the past year or so I've lost 32 pounds so soon there will be more items for our yard sale or a box labelled " FAT CLOTHES"

Oh crap I've digressed again---------------------------- TO THE POINT--------------

When food shopping yesterday, I found a new crop of plums in the grocery store and I bought 5 of them.  I have to say that I don't like plums at all - an identifiable taste just is not there and they never seem to ripen near the center.  However I bought these to use in a still life painting as the color would seem to be a challenge.  I of course being of creative mind and just loving to be fluid with spontaneity of color and form I really don't care how hard they maybe to duplicate their color as I make my own up as I go (painting by the seat of my pants - messy -but it works for me!)  It will be about shape - color- gusto - (the ever present) rusticity and presenting an eye pleasing painting that by most ( or just me ) will be recognized as Plums.  I always try to put the name of the subject into the title - just in case!  If the subject really does not look like the actual object(s) - I include the words
SEMI-ABSTRACT in the title!  :>)

One more story - while I'm thinking of it as you never know when the mind will go-------

When an artist does a painting that is not quite up to the level of expertise that was expected - it is always labelled "A STUDY"  This means -- It is not at the level of  my normal work as I was doing it very quickly - just getting shapes and color down so I can do a larger more carefully thought out piece at a later date.  YA ----- RIGHT!!!

Gezzzzzzz they must think we are stupid-stupid-stupid!  :>)

Got to go now ---- Ir's my day off and I've got work to do!