This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wonderful Art

Through the Internet I've met some very wonderful artists.  Although we have never met in real life via the Internet we exchange ideas, techniques and Angelique from Cape Town South Africa is one of my "Internet artist buddies" whose work I find fascinating and wonderful examples of artistic freedom.

The following example is presented (with her permission) and was copied from her site.  I think the concept of working with a very limited palette and the idea of bringing back peace and quiet into our lives is brilliant - the following piece is one of several of her works that I admire.

Please visit her site to enjoy more of these wonderful examples of fine art.

http://artbyangelique.blogspot.com/ 

Apples - Three is a Crowd... © Angelique, 2011





Size: 9 x 12 " - 23 x 30 cm
on 38 mm boxed canvas

Artist's Grade Acrylic executed with

Palette Knife


Inspired by overseas interior designs in white/grey/whitewashed

Here I worked basically with 2 colours plus white, LOADS of white.
I simply love working with limited colors and will continue to do so.

For me personally and I think it applies to many people nowadays, we have an overload of impulses in every way, all our senses are constantly bombarded.

With my paintings I am attempting to bring back some peace and quite back into our lives.