This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Morning

Yo my friends,

Well, this morning we are off to see the Alamo - I saw it 50 years ago when living here and I was shocked at the smallness of the structure!  Of course I was only 22 at the time so what did I know!!!!!

After that we'll hit the Riverwalk again and go into some of the many shops - also try and find some art galleries and maybe - just maybe another lunch - I saw a nice lookin Rib BBQ place.   :>)

On our way home we plan on going to 2 more Missions - there are 4 Missions within a couple of miles of one another. 

We are having a wonderful time here in San Antonio - there is something about this area that grabs my attention - I get a peaceful feeling.  When I lived here 50 years ago, I wanted very much to settle down here.  Unfortunately my wife (now ex) wanted to go back to Massachusetts to be near her Mommy!  :>(  If I had known then what I know now, she would have gone back to MA. to be near her Mommy - however she would have gone ALONE!!~!!

In the mornings there is a sort of "damp sweet smell" in the air - that I used to smell every morning - I remembered that smell and 50 years later it is still here.  This time of the year the mornings are pleasant in temperature and there has been a nice breeze each morning.  It can and does get warm during the day especially in the summer months.  I remember when I lived here we had 28 consecutive days where the average temp was 117 degrees day & night!  Hot-Hot-Hot!!!!!  However in IMHO that is why they make air conditioners and swimming pools.  Beats the hell out of snow and wind chill factors of 23 below zero.  I find it a lot easier to get cooled off than to get warmed up.

Well - a few chores around the old RV ADOBE this morning and then off to the Big City!!!  Yippee Yi Yo!!!!!!!!



Enjoy the day my friends and make sure you grab an opportunity to make someone smile today --- you'll feel so much better.

JR    :>)