This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Storm on the Horizon

Yo, Blog Buddies

Well, last night my weather alert radio started to buzz and broadcast a weather alert.  A strong thunder storm with winds up to 60 mph, hail and lots of rain was headed our way.  Worcester county which is the county we are in was on the warning list as well as other counties in MA. - CT. - NH

We lucked out in that we did not get the high winds - or hail - but we did get a lot of heavy rains for a couple of hours.  The good side to that, the RV and our car were covered in green pollen from all the pine trees - and now they are nice a clean!!!

I will admit I was a bit concerned about 60 MPH winds - especially with the 30 foot tall pines above our RV.  However all worked out.

Melissa has gone to N. Andover MA. this morning to meet with the class room of middle grade students who read Melissa's novel and emailed Melissa with a bunch of questions.  The questions will get answered and I'm sure more questions will be asked.  A special treat will be the reading of the first chapter of the Sequel!!!!!!  I think the kids will be thrilled!

Next week she does another visit to a middle grade class in NH.  Very exciting!!!!!

So today while she is gone I decided to do a few preparations for our departure tomorrow morning.  I started by completely cleaning the interior of the RV.  Vac, dust, mop. I also did another spraying for ants - the first spraying a day or two after we arrived, seemed to do the trick as we have not seen any ants since! 

I'll put some filtered water into our fresh water tank - so we can wash our hands or flush the toilet while travelling to the next RV campground.  I only carry about 5 gallons of fresh water - just for the purposes mentioned above as a full tank (40 gallons) would represent a lot of extra useless weight to carry as well as cut down on the gas mileage!  Water weighs 8.3 lbs per gallon so 40 gallons would be 332 extra pounds!

Tomorrow morning we need to stop at the Ford dealer on the way out as we have a 9am appt. to get the oil and oil filter changed and a check of all the other fluids as well as any necessary lubrication.  This is the first oil change we've done, as we just reached 5,000 miles - a tad over in fact.

After this, it is onto Salisbury Beach State Park - pretty much "almost" on the beach - we'll be there for a week.  Salisbury Beach is in Salisbury MA. and is only about 1 hour or so from where we are - so a nice short drive and then a nice stay for a week - now this is the RV-ing we like!!!!!!

On this leg of the journey we will visit my sister and her family in Dover NH, as well as my brother, some nieces - their kids, cousins etc will be there as well.  Most of these folks I have not seen for 10 - 12 years or longer - so sort of a family reunion with a cookout this coming Sunday.

Life is good!

Well folks - I've got a few more DIS & DATS to do - which will save time tomorrow morning.

Have a great day and be happy and stay healthy.

JR    :>)