This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, June 13, 2015

Native American Pottery

While living in Arizona for 7 years and in New Mexico for 5 years I became very interested in Native American pottery.  I managed to collect quite a bit of it - mostly directly from the artists on several Pueblos.  I was also fortunate to photograph ( with permission ) several very old pots that were excavated on several of the Pueblos.

Following are two paintings I did - one of them a new pot that was done by an artisan in Arroyo Seco - just past Taos the other was from a photo of a very old pot excavated on a Pueblo just south of Santa Fe.

30 x 24 on MDF panel - Semi abstract Pot



24 x 30 on MDF panel - Antique Native American Pot


It's been several years since I painted pots and after a recent trip back to Santa Fe and the Taos area I plan on generating some more pot paintings.  They are both a challenge and very interesting to create.

Hope you enjoyed.

JR     :>)