This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Best Of Key West

This is a study based on a demo by artist Michael Pintar - his demo was off a Barbados beach.  This was done for my educational purposes and for a future larger 18 x 24 painting of a beach scene using some of the techniques he taught in his video.

This is 12 x 18 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Professional acrylics - alla prima - using a 2 1/2 inch angled brush from Home Depot.  Color and I are no strangers - I believe that color rules and not being a detailed painter I firmly believe that Less is More and the more less the better :>)

I start out by putting down some "directional lines" using a juicy mix of paint - this is how I "sketch" most of my paintings which allows me to paint loosely with out constraints in form and shape.  If needed I adjust the lines as I proceed.


I start "throwing" in the visual components of the scene from the sky forward




The finished painting


Detail


Hope you enjoyed this and if you have any questions I can be contacted at

rvpainter@gmail.com


JR      :>)