This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, March 25, 2016

Yippie Yi Yo

Yippie - Yi - Yo - did this in 1999 when I was painting in watercolor. Saw this in the local Phoenix Sunday newspaper - contacted the newspaper and since the photo was taken by a staff photographer I bought for $10, the rights to the photo for artistic purposes.

We thought this was lost in our moving around the past few years but low and behold I found it the other day in a big box in the back of my studio storage closet.

15 x 22 on 140 LB acid free Cold Press paper

This was an actual cattle drive that took place through the city of Phoenix which made front page news.

My attempt was to use wet fluid color in a loose manner without regard to realism. I was a maverick back then too!!!!  I've always painted on the theory that "LESS IS MORE!!!"




JR       :>)