This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, February 26, 2011

My choice of Acrylic paint

Since I've been painting with acrylics, I have tried several brands over the past years.  I stayed with the professional brands as compared to the brands that are used more by the hobbiest.  A friend of mine, a professional artist, told me many years ago when I started painting with watercolor:  "Painting is hard enough to learn so don't make it harder by using inexpensive paint, brushes or substraights."

Having used several professional brands of acrylic paint, I have settled into my choice of
Chroma Interactive Acrylics.

Following is the link to the website:

http://www.chromaonline.com/

I am not a realist or a classical painter - my style borders on "almost sloppy!"  I like looseness and rusticity in most  my work and I am always trying to become looser in my style. I use very little water and most often I use a combination of a big brush and a palette knife.  Therefore it is important that my paint be thick but yet easy to apply to the many surfaces I paint on.
Chroma Interactives are a revolutionary paint in that they have a lot of the properties of oil paint especially in the area of blending.They also stay wet longer than the traditional acrylic paints which provides the abitiy to perform excellent blending.  The creamy thick texture of this paint is equal to that of oil paint and the color selection and saturation levels are fantastic.
This paint does not dry, it cures!  This takes longer than the typical acrylic paint but the advantage is they do not end up looking like dried shinny plastic as do many of the other acrylics on the market.  The apperance is more like oil.

Check out the website and gather some additional information on this wonderful professional paint and give it a try - I am sure you will become a user of Chroma Interactive Acrylics.

http://www.chromaonline.com/