This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, April 19, 2013

YET ANOTHER NUBBLE

Hello my blog buddies,

20+ years ago we lived in York Beach Maine - in the Cape Neddick area.
Nubble Light House is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the USA.  The Light house was visible from our house as well as a walk-able distance away.  We lived there for 13 years and needless to say Nubble became a favorite subject for me to paint.  As a matter of fact the first painting I ever sold was of Nubble Light.

It's been over 15+ years since I've painted The Nubble and recently I got a bug in me to do so.

I started out with a small quick sketch 6 x 12 just to get my brain in tune with and feel the presence of The Nubble.


Next I did a quick sketch on an 11 x 14 canvas panel - after sketching, I put in the sky with a 2 inch brush - first using titanium white followed by cobalt blue.  I wanted the sky to be light in color with indications of wispy clouds


Next I started with the red roofs which is certainly a trade mark of The Nubble


The next step was to start with some of the shadowing on the house - light coming from the right.  I also put in the indication of windows and the shadow shading on the building connecting the house and the light tower

 a



I now start to bring color to the light tower which a good portion of it is in shadow


More tweaking of the light tower



I add some grass and the beginnings of ground clutter




I add some dark ground clutter to the shadow side of the house 
  


Here a tweak - there a tweak everywhere a tweak-tweak

BADDA BING 
BADDA BOOM

WE HAVE A PAINTING


I hope you enjoyed this demo as I really enjoyed doing it and my becoming re-acquainted with 

THE NUBBLE