This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

This weeks featured paintings

Yo Blog Buddies,

Well ------ yet another week has passed!!!  I've been busy with painting and helping my wife proof read the sequel to her novel.  Very exciting times as Melissa gets ready to publish the sequel to The Christmas Village.  This is going to be a block buster as well and when it is ready for purchase through Amazon and other outlets I'll be sure to let youse guys know!!!!  :>)

I've continued with my use of the palette knife - not in all my paintings this week but in a couple of them.  I'm alternating between palette knife and dry brush techniques.

PINE ISLAND - FLORIDA
12 X 22 - PALETTE KNIFE & BRUSH






LOVERS KEY STATE PARK BEACH
PALETTE KNIFE AND BRUSH
6 X 18 






THE WHEAT FIELD
6 X 18

The Wheat Field - 6 x 18 on heavy linen paper with Chroma Interactive acrylics.  Painted  using palette knife and the dry brush technique - alla prima - with lots of spontaneity and emotion.
I guess parts of this are close to abstract but I consider it to be semi abstract.  I was taught that if one can identify the items contained within the piece that is is semi abstract - so I hope y'all can identify the pieces parts of this piece.










SWEET CAROLINA DUNES - PALETTE KNIFE
6 X 18

South Carolina has some wonderful beaches with awesome dunes - especially in the Crescent Beach area.









OH CANADA

6 X 18 ON HEAVY LINEN PAPER - DRY BRUSH TECHNIQUE

My wife and I love Canada - especially Old Quebec City and the surrounding villages and hamlets.  
We have been going there for the past 20 + years or so, spending time there during summer - winter- fall.
This is sort of my tribute to this most wonderful county - city and it's lovely friendly peoples.









THE OLD ROAD
9 X 12 
QUEBECOIS PAINTERLY STYLE - DRY BRUSH TECHNIQUE










Well - I hope you enjoyed this presentation this week and remember if you ever have any questions regarding my painting processes or about one of the paintings - just click on my email address at the beginning of the blog and I will respond to you.

I say this every week and does anyone ever send me an email with a question?

NAH!!!

But that's OK - the way I look at it is if you ever wanted to --------- you would know how to do it.

Well ----- I'll be back in a week or so with more work for y'all to look at - unless of course I find something more interesting to do.

JR   :>)