This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, September 26, 2013

AS THE DAYS PASS

Yo my friends,

Well another week has passed and I've more paintings to share with y'all.

The mornings here are starting out a tad cooler than the past few months - a definite sign that autumn is on its way.  We like autumn best living here in Florida as the humidity disappears for the most part and the afternoon temperatures drop by 10 - 15 degrees compared to the height of the summer.  From November through April this area of Florida is close to perfect weather - very enjoyable :>)

The coming of autumn has encouraged me to start a series I call:

"As The Season Turns"

Sounds like a daytime soap opera !!!  :>)

Most of these pieces are done in a semi-abstract painterly style - one that I love to work with and have pretty much settled into as "my style."


"As The Season Turns  No. I
9 x 12 
Single canvas sheet - painted with palette knife and dry brush processes with lots of spontaneity in form, color and strokes






Salt Marsh - As The Season Turns No. II
9 x 12 on single canvas sheet -  - painted with palette knife and dry brush processes with lots of spontaneity in form, color and strokes






As The Season Turns No. III
9 x 12 on single canvas sheet  -  painted with palette knife and dry brush processes with lots of spontaneity in from, color and strokes







Mississippi Rice Farm
6 x 22 - painted with palette knife and dry brush processes with lots of spontaneity in form , color and strokes.
We spent some time in the Mississippi "rice farm area" during our 1 year RV journey across parts of the USA & Canada




Well, I hope you enjoyed the journey this week and as always - any questions regarding artistic processes or questions regarding purchasing any of these works,, just click on my email address at the top of the blog and I'll be happy to respond. OR if you just want to say 

"YO JR"

You can do that also.

I can feel myself migrating back towards my love for the Arizona desert and would not be surprised to be doing some desert scenes during the next week.  I also have a desire to concentrate on some pieces using only my trusty companion "MACK" the palette knife !!!!  :>)

Take care - have a great weekend and set some time aside for enjoyment!!!


JR     :>)