This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hello my friends

Well another week has rolled around and as usual I've been busy painting.  The weather here in Florida has been plagued with cold fronts moving through so cloudy and chilly which is not the norm for this time of year.  Needless to say I've been spending a lot of time in front of the easel!!

Here are some highlights of the week:

Palm Cove Surf
9 x 12

Every once in a while I need to throw paint with wild abandonment in order to keep and progress my loose semi abstract style.  This piece was done very, very, very quickly with a big brush and really no planned colors or composition.
I started with a 3 minute sketch with my brush in tones of gray.  This helps cut down on the glare from the white canvas and allows me to judge values much better.





I started a series of semi abstract pastures/fields - here are the first two

Green Pasture - Green Sky
12 x 18





Semi Abstract
Wheat Pasture - Wheat Sky
12 x 18





Tasmania Surf
6 x 18







Apollo Bay - Victoria Australia
9 x 12

This was done using only a palette knife




Well, I hope you enjoyed this post and the good Lord willing I'll be back in about a week with some more pieces.

Enjoy life - stay happy and get into each day with a big smile and lots of gusto!!!

JR  :>)