This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Paintings of the week





Yo my friends,

Another cloudy - windy - chilly day in Punta Gorda FL.  It's starting to get BORING!!!  Weather is suppose to be back into the low 80's come the weekend.  :>)  I'm A so happy :>)

While on our RV journey we met a fellow named Steve Conrad and his wife Evin.  Steve is quite a good photographer and I've use several of his photos for my paintings.

http://puppypaths.blogspot.com/

This is a painting of his photo of a sunset in the Florida Keys:

Sunset - Florida Keys

9 x 18







I've started down a new path of course in addition to the existing paths and series I'm working on.  I like to make painting interesting - I have lots of fun painting so I'm open to try new things.

The next 2 paintings are in a way I guess a style change but yet I would still consider it within the realm of my semi-abstract - loose - painterly style.

I AM TREE No. I
12 x 24

I actually wanted this painting to sort of "shock" the viewer with both the sudden splash of color as well as the complimentary color of green to highlight and push the tree forward




I AM TREE No. II
12 x 18

This painting is done in more of a painterly style and has complimentary color as well.  The purple makes the yellow trees jump out into the foreground and the couple of splashes of red at ground level augments the green grass





Distant Mesas
6 x 12

This piece was done very quickly with palette knife only - this does border on abstract :>)






This painting is part of the "Solitude" series and it is also a "mindscape" meaning it is a vision in my mind that represents Solitude.

Solitude No. VI - Quiet Surroundings






Hope you enjoyed this blog posting and remember if any questions feel free to email me - link is at the beginning of my blog.
Also don't forget my 20% sale is still going on in my ESTY store -
CHECK IT OUT



I should return in a week or so and until then - enjoy life - smile - appreciate what you have and most of all LAUGH!!!

JR     :>)