This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, December 26, 2014

Hello Blog Buddies

Yo,

Well I'm ready to start posting some paintings again.  I woke up this morning with a tune in my head - singing the words "This land is my land".  I took this as a sign and this morning I did a painting which represents the meaning of these words to me.

As most of you know we lived in Arizona for 7 years and New Mexico for 5 years and I have to say the I'm a big fan of the Southwest desert.

This painting is 10 x 20 on heavy linen paper using professional acrylic paints.  The painting does have texture to it as part of it is done using special brushes I developed which I call "palette brushes".
I use these brushes as one would use a palette knife.

Bright, bold southwest colors are used throughout the painting depicting the desert setting sun.

This painting can be found on my  ETSY STORE

Hope you enjoy.







JR         :>)