This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Adobe No. I -Canyon Road Santa Fe NM

Being out in Santa Fe a few weeks ago getting our storage unit ready for delivery to Florida I have to say that the New Mexico landscape bug bit me again.  We lived in Santa Fe for 5 years and many hundreds of paintings.

Canyon Road is the art district of Santa Fe - Canyon Road has many-many-many galleries both on Canyon Road and on the side streets off Canyon Road.  Many of these galleries are in old adobes. Additionally there are adobes in which residents live.

18 x 24 - heavy linen paper - alla prima - wet into wet - brush & palette knife.





I sketched in the scene with a brush and some watery paint.  This allows me to be loose, using loose swinging arm motions with a brush rather than tight controlled motions with a pencil.

I add more color





I add more color and shadows and depth


The finished painting