This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, February 8, 2016

Red Rock Crossing - Sedona AZ - Cathedral Rock

We lived in Arizona for 7 years and spent a lot of time going up to Sedona for plein air painting - photography - site seeing and great restaurants.  My wife showed her photography in a gallery and I showed my paintings in the same gallery in Sedona.

Red Rock Crossing State Park is a beautiful area and one of the best spots to view Cathedral Rock a very well known red rock formation.

12 x 18 on acid free linen heavy paper - using professional Chroma Interactive acrylics - dry brush - alla prima.

First I do a rough sketch of what the painting will consist of as far as the basic rock formation - this is done with a brush.


The painting takes shape based on my sketch and I make changes as necessary 


DETAILS







JR       :>)