This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, February 27, 2016

Inspiration

My wife had a friend we knew in Arizona come visit us here in Florida.  Lots of conversation regarding the 7 years we lived in Arizona took place - lots of memories were brought up.

Since then my artistic mind has been in the deserts of Arizona - I love the desert lands.  This is a sample of several that I have painted since the visit of our friend.  These were painted in a loose painterly style using a 2 1/2 inch brush and a palette knife and of course a love for the Southwest.
The 2 1/2 inch brush is a Purdy angled trim brush from Home Depot - one that I use for painting projects around the house and have been doing so for over 20 years now!  I use dish detergent to wash out my brushes and then I comb them out.





These paintings are what I call "mindscapes" in that they are painted from memories of many-many hours of plein air painting in the deserts of the Southwest

The Desert I See
18 x 24





Arroyo Seco No. III
18 x 24 






Mesa Crossing
16 x 20






Into The Badlands No. II
18 x 24







Hope you enjoyed my "visit" back into the Southwest deserts.  If you have any questions regarding these or any other paintings please contact me at:

rvpainter@gmail.com


JR     :>)