This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, July 7, 2011

ANOTHER LAZY DAY?

Well today seems like it is going to be another lazy day!  Melissa has a conference call this morning with her publishing team, ( her novel is due to hit the market early this Fall) and they are in the process of assigning an illustrator to her.  This will bring her publishing team members to a total of 6 people.  MY WIFE HAS PEOPLE!!!!!

Melissa has quite a marketing strategy mapped out - and once we get into our RV we will be doing a lot of book store tours in the areas that we visit.  She will be kicking off the introduction of the novel at a Book Store signing in her home town in Massachusetts and will follow up with similar functions here in the Santa Fe area.

This book is going to be a BLOCK-BUSTER so stay tuned for more information as to its release and where you can buy the book!!!!  :>)

 Tomorrow we are going to play tourist - we love to do that!!!  We are taking a drive up to Taos and Arroyo Seco.  We'll have a nice relaxing drive and walk around going into our favorite shops and galleries and then have a nice relaxing lunch.  After lunch we'll drive up to Arroyo Seco ( .30 minutes or less) and enjoy the little shops and galleries in this little hamlet.  When done with this - we will head back to Taos, sit on a bench in the Plaza and woof down a nice big ice cream cone while doing some "people watching!" :>0

Soooooo no painting for me today - a rare day-off for me and it isn't even Wednesday!

I have a painting in the beginning stages. - I have an artist friend who I met on the Internet who lives in Capetown South Africa.  I very much enjoy her work and have in fact featured her on my blog as a guest artist and shall be doing so in the near future.

She has a unique style and recently she did a painting of some apples - however she used a very limited palette of whites - burnt umber &/or raw umber.
YEP that's all the color!!!  Her painting is so peaceful and quiet - it is complete relaxation to sit and look at.   I emailed her and asked her permission for me to do one of these limited palette paintings in my style with perhaps just a few more colors in the off white/off grey range.  You know me - I LOVE COLOR!!!!  The concept of her painting is something that I feel belongs to her and although my piece will be in my style, I felt it only right to get her permission to adopt her concept into my work.

I'm hoping the simplicity of this will tend to calm down my over abundance of energy and hyperactive mind as it relates to the sale of our home.  I've noticed that my hyper mind has increased the color intensity of several of my last pieces and while I'm all about COLOR & TEXTURE, I need to take 5 as they say and also stop eating so much chocolate!!  :>O

Sooooo have a great day and tomorrow "I'LLBEBACK!!"