This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TIME MANAGEMENT

Yesterday I made mention of some RE brokers I've encountered having time management problems. When my wife read the blog she suggested I write about one of the many bosses I had during my 32 years working for the same Bank. Which I will add now that working of the same company for that long was a big - big - big mistake!!! However that said there was nothing I cold do about it as my working days were over so it was too late to change jobs!!! :>)
One boss I had could not manage time at all - he was always late - no matter why he was late - he was always late. I worked for him for about 4 years and he was never on time once - not once!!! He had a standing scheduled meeting with me for the same day of every week for every year I worked for him. Never once was he on time!!


When he finally did arrive, you best be sitting there waiting for him as of course in his mind he was late and he needed to catchup on his day! The first thing he would do is return the phone calls from YESTERDAY!!!!!!! On average I would sit there for another hour or so while he returned his un-returned calls from the previous day.
Once he accomplished this he would excuse himself to go down the hall and talk to his father or brother - (this was a family owned bank -obviously NOT MY FAMILY!!!)
Once he returned he would start to ask me some question relative to why we were meeting. Why I say this is because he actually had NO idea why he had wanted to meet!!!  I'll add at this point that he REQUIRED me to wear a beeper 24/7 or as I like to say 31--------- the reason for the beeper was so he could reach me whenever he wanted. Never once did he beep me to tell me was going to be late!!!! AH!!!!

After about 2 hours of waiting, and a few dumb questions for me ----- I would very carefully reach under my suit jacket and SET OFF MY BEEPER!!! I would look at him and say "OH CRAP --- A PROBLEM - I HAVE TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW!!

I would exit his office get into my car and drive about 3 miles to a Dunkin Donuts for a nice cup of coffee. Never once did he ask me what my problem had been. AH!!!

AH reminds me of another boss I had during my 32 years - the brother-in -law of the above boss. Lots of nepotism going on in this little bank!!!

I was a SVP in charge of Facilities Management - I had 110 branch banks that I was responsible for (with other staff members and maintenance people - I HAD PEOPLE!!!) Since this boss was married to the old man's daughter, he considered him several notches above everyone else and he also considered himself an adopted son.
The old man treated him like crap - so my boss treated everyone else like crap-crap!  (twice as bad!)
He would call me up most mornings complaining that his office was COLD!!! It was him - he was a very COLD person!!! After many, many months of this same complaint, I called up the heating vendor (a friend of mine) and told him my problem! I also told him that if it was not fixed soon the BOTH of us would be fired!!
We got together and came up with a solution - my friend is a very highly trained and qualified Heating/AC technician. We installed a thermostat on my boss's office wall -IT WAS CONNECTED TO NOTHING - NO WIRES ATTACHED TO IT !!!!! In the trade it is called a DUMB THERMOSTAT (FOR A DUMB BOSS!!)

Each morning for about a month I would go upstairs to his office, trying to arrive just seconds before his arrival - when he walked in I would say "I thought I would just check on the heat in your office. 99% of the time he would say " I push it up a tad when I leave at night so it's been nice and warm when I arrive - the most enjoyable sentence in my 32 years working for this INSTITUTION and I do mean "INSTITUTION" was when he said "sometimes it gets too warm and I have to lower it!!" I went downstairs to the men's room and sat down on the toilet so I would not pee my pants laughing!! AH

I had one more boss I'll write about - he was the son of the brother of the old man - the whole friggin family worked here even the grandchildren!

I'll write about him later as I don't want to bore you folks.

With this I leave you for today - hoping to return later today or tomorrow with a painting as after all that is the purpose of this blog. :>)