This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, July 16, 2011

RED BARTLETT & GRANNIE SMITH

Good day folks!  Well my lovely wife Melissa and her girlfriend from AZ arrive home today from their 3 day SPA RETREAT!  They certainly seemed to enjoy the stay.

I miss my DW (RV lingo for Darling Wife) when she is not here, so I tend to do little projects around the house and fill up my time reading about RVs - watching the new RV DVDs I got and of course throwing paint around!! :>)

This is an 8 x 8 canvas panel using Chroma Interactive Acrylics - a palette knife and the "palette knife brush" I created.  This gives the piece a variety of brush marks and palette knife swooshes.  I love to make palette knife swooshes - it is such a liberating movement of the arm and it just makes you feel in control of things.  Where as with a brush, one tends to "fiddle" with things and that is how you can get into trouble with painting.  It is best to get in there with vim & vigor do it once and leave it alone!!!
(MAKE NO MISTAKE) I AM talking about painting!!!)
As I always try to do, this was created with expression - emotion - gusto - rusticity - and spontaneity of color and texture.  This was done quickly so DO NOT blink, sneeze or otherwise remove your eyes from the screen or will you miss all of the years and years of technical training - the development of the the many skills
needed to become an extremely successful and highly sought after artist. :>)

If you believe that, please contact me regarding a bridge I have for sale!


CHARGE


A quick sketch - zip-zip


Throw in some color as a road map




Grannie Smith is a tad to dark, but I'll let some of that show thru as it progresses



NOW this is what I call progressing with vim & vigor - that was very quick - good job JR - you DA man!!!

A tweak here and a tweak there - juice up the lights and darks and the background,  put some movement into the foreground and SLAM-BAM we is done!!!!!!

I love to put movement into my FGs as still life can be so boring and static without any sense of movement - at least that is what I think and it's my blog- my paintings so I get l get to do it MY WAY  (Thanks Frank!)



DETAIL