This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, July 14, 2011

LIMITED PALETTE No. II

Well, my wife Melissa and a girl friend from Arizona (we use to live there) are off for 3 days to a wonderful SPA!  Melissa has been working very hard on self-publishing her middle grade novel and this is a treat she really has earned
.
I on the other hand am left home alone to eat lots of ice cream - potato chips - and pizza.  BOO - HOO!!!!  There three items are such a tasty treat when eaten together!!  :>) :>) :>)

Today I did a few odds and ends as well as again view a couple of the RV DVDs that I bought.  I'm trying to learn as much as I can about RVs and RV-ing.  I bought the RVs from Mark & Dawn Polk - I consider Mark to be my RV GURU - he has a life time of knowledge (he is not even old) and he and his wife Dawn have made some wonderful Educational DVDs for all types of RVs - Travel Trailers, 5th Wheels, etc etc.
You can view their DVD offerings at http://www.rveducation101.com/

Check it out if you have an RV or are a wannabee or a newbie, there is so much to be learned from these DVDs - there is always room for more knowledge.

After I did my RV studies, I did a painting which is another limited palette - No. II
The palette consisted of:  Toning Grey - Titanium White - Payne's Grey and Daniel Smith Iridescent Gold watercolor pigment straight from the tube.  The painting was done on 8 x 12 heavy linen canvas paper using a brush I created that can be used in a manner much like a palette knife but yet retains the visible brush marks.  It is fun to use!

Not much fanfare to this as it was done very, very quickly wet into wet with emotion - expression - gusto and spontaneity of limited color.  So I guess it's time to begin. 
First I digress --------------- OH CRAP I forgot what I was going to write!!!  Oh well ..

CHARGE!!!!!!!


A QUICK SKETCH FOR SOME GUIDE LINES


GOT TO GET SOME COLOR ON THIS WHITE PAPER IT IS BLINDING ME!!


NICE BEGINNING COLOR - JR!!!



NOT BAD DUDE BUT LET'S WRAP IT UP!! PUT IN SOME BACKGROUND - SOME FOREGROUND AND TAKE THOSE HIGHLIGHTS TO ANOTHER LEVEL!!!



BAM!!!!  DONE - THAT WAS QUICK!!!

DETAIL