This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, July 11, 2011

LIMITED PALETTE

Well I woke up this morning full of Vim & Vigor.  That saying certainly dates me - so for the youngin' who do not know what Vim means - go get a dictionary - I can't do everything!!!!

First thing this morning I finished up the painting I had started a few days ago - the one with a limited palette - this is based on a style of painting that an artist friend in South Africa http://artbyangelique.blogspot.com/ had posted on her blog - a painting of apples done in a very limited palette in a very interesting style.  I fell in love with her piece and asked her permission to do a piece in a style similar to hers but yet with JR style imposed into the piece.  She gave me that permission and here is my "Limited Palette Painting"

(after finishing this I'm going to watch my RV DVDs again - I'm really hooked on these - sooooooooooooooo much information - soooooooooooooo much to learn!)

WHOOPS A TINY - WEENIE DIGRESSION!!

H-20 x W-10 on heavy linen canvas paper done with Chroma Interactive Acrylics using a palette knife.  Expression - emotion - gusto- rusticity and a very slight touch of semi-semi-abstract thrown in for good measure.

The colors used: toning grey - paynes's grey - titanium white and sliver.

OK we are off and running-------------------------------------------------------------------

WHOOPS first I digress a tad :>)

A blog post or two ago - I've lost track - I mentioned we were going up to Taos and Arroyo Secco for the day and play tourist --- so a few pics from that journey.



This is my DW (RV lingo for Darling Wife) and as her father always said
"She's Beeeeeeeee-Uuuuuuu-Tiiiiiiii-FUL!!!"

This is "Downtown" Arroyo Secco - the main street - THE ONLY STREET!!
It is a really COOL little town and some great galleries!





This be the digressing artist - my DW always says SMILE - I always say I AM!!!!

OK - BACK to the limited palette painting!



Throw some paint on to get started and tone down the white of the paper


Well the first one came out OK so let's throw in a second one underneath the first one and throw in some more color - color - color



Time to start throwing in more limited color as well as define the shadow side and source of light





OK time to wrap this one up with some tweaking of  color and some background and some further indication of cast shadows and light.

AS IF BY MAGIC WE ARE DONE!!!!!!!

:>)



DETAILS




THANK YOU ANGELIQUE FOR YOUR INSPIRATION!!