This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, July 8, 2011

PLAYING TOURIST

Well, we had a wonderful day up in Taos and Arroyo Seco. We got up to Taos just in time for a nice mocha at our favorite coffee shop and then we walked around going into our favorite galleries. Walt Gonske a well known painter of fame is a favorite painter of mine and he lives in Taos and exhibits in several galleries. Last time we were in Taos he was visiting one of the galleries he exhibits in and Melissa and I had a nice conversation with him. A very wonderful painter and a very pleasant person.
We had a wonderful lunch in a neat little place just off the Taos Plaza and after lunch headed to Arroyo Seco.
Arroyo Seco is a very little tiny hamlet of a town and there is one main dirt road and several galleries and potters and shops. Doug West is a painter of fame and he has a gallery in Arroyo Seco - we always go into look at his work.
This past Wednesday we had a 3-hour open house Broker Tour and one of the Brokers attending noticed a painting in my studio that she liked very much. She inquired as to the price and ended up buying the painting. I delivered it yesterday!
Soooooooo no house sale yet but I did sell a painting as a result of trying to sell the house. Funny how that works out!  I'm HAPPY!!! :>)
 
Tomorrow I get back into throwing paint at my easel - I've missed not doing that for the past few days. At times I talk about slowing down my output, or stopping all together - truth be told painting is a way of life for me! When I do not paint for several days I become very agitated internally and bored! So truth be told a complete stoppage of painting is not going to happen for a long time - however a slow down in output may take place due to the lack of storage in an RV. Of course if I sell them as fast as I paint them - storage will not be a problem. I always wanted to be 6'8" - have an NBA career and my own talk show - BUT THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN EITHER!!!!!! :>(

I'm working on a concept I call ART 4 RV's. There is not much wall space in RV's so I'm developing some small pieces 8x8 or 8x10 that can easily rest on an easel on a counter top or table. These pieces are solely to provide a SPLASH of color to a kitchen - bath - or living space. They can also be framed and not take up much wall space. I've posted some of these in past blog postings and at the moment they consist mainly of still life and landscape pieces. They are going to be bright-bold-sassy pieces done mostly in an expressive style - perhaps bordering on semi-semi-abstract and painted mostly with palette knife. They will be "Oh - look at that - what great color - it brightens up the room." Remember rooms are not all that big in RV's and RV's are mostly an open concept. I would not expect people to say "Ohhhhhhh - Ahhhhhhhh - WOW - what a great piece of art!" Nope - bright-bold-sassy a nice splash of color will be their purpose. Right now it is in the WHAT IF stage and how far it moves ahead I'm not sure of yet.

When we finally reach the point of being able to RV full time, I'll be doing a lot of plein air painting (YES STILL LIFE CAN BE PAINTED OUTDOORS) and if I sell them along the way, they would be quite affordable and provide some extra $'s for a treat out to eat for me and my DW, (RV lingo for Darling Wife,) as well as help with our ON THE ROAD expenses.

My new philosophy - TIME WILL TELL (TWT)

Tomorrow I throw lots of paint around and hope to have something to show you folks - other than BLAH-BLAH-BLAH. :>)