This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

STRESS - STRAIN - NO GAIN

Well today was kind of a lost day.  Tuesday is food shopping day and of course Sam's Club.  I sometimes fell like I am a never ended contributor to Sam's Club Trust Fund.  You can't get out of that place for less than $50.00!!!  Everything seems to cost the same amount!!  That reminds me of a true story.  I digress for just a moment - you won't mind, as the rest of what I have to say is pretty boring anyways!!!  :>)

Many years ago we had moved to East Boothbay Maine, bought a 150 year old Victorian house built by a famous shipbuilder.  I'll make this short - we got the chimney inspected and found out the inside needed to be totally fixed - so we got a price and a "LOCAL" chimney repair company told us $2,500.  We also wanted to get new front steps done in the Victorian style - we contacted a well respected local contractor and we were told $2,500!!  Same-Same-Same.

STRESS - STRAIN - NO GAIN for today!  WHY??????

We had a showing on the house yesterday - a 2nd showing - now that is a good thing!
We have asked for 24 hour notice for a showing - in this case we got about 1 hour notice.  We figured since it was a second showing we would oblige the PB and the PB's broker.  The showing was to take place 5 - 5:30 and it is customary to add 1/2 hour to each end as some brokers have a big problem with time management.  Longer story made shorter - we cruised the HOOD and they arrived about 5:20 and they stay until 6:30!!!  Long time even for a 2nd showing.  The next day (today) we got a call from our broker indicating there may be an offer made on the house!!  WOW we were really happy - HOWEVER our broker said it is a low ball offer which he told them it was not acceptable but send it in and we would counter their offer.

LOW BALL OFFER!!  I HATE THE FRIGGING TERM!!  THE BOTTOM FEEDERS who are out in the RE market today are IMHO the lowest form of life, below that of a GARDEN SLUG!!  They want to offer you 10's and 10's of thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ less than the asking price and $10's and 10's of thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ less than the realistic (economy adjusted) value of the home.  They are so proud of themselves they will actually tell you and seem to brag that they are going to submit a LOW BALL OFFER - these SLUGS have representation from a licenced broker and IMHO their broker falls into the same level of slime.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again - THEY CAN BITE ME!!!

It is 5PM now and no offer has been submitted - I think they have picked up their marbles, are not going to play anymore with us and gone off to try and steal some other home.  Ohhhhhhhh Boo Hoo.