This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, July 3, 2011

WIP - UNKNOWN SUBJECT

Hi Folks,

Well, today is Sunday and some of the wild fire smoke has left our area and we once again have our beautiful blue skies back.  I don't know if any of you folks have ever seen the blue skies of New Mexico or Sedona AZ for that matter.  They are the most beautiful blue with not a cloud to be seen.  One of the several reasons for living here.

I started a WIP (Work In Process) painting yesterday - without so much of a clue as to what it will end up being.  But first I must digress as it is sometimes mentally healthy to digress to a sore subject.

Still no buyers for our house and the viewings have dried up somewhat - me thinkith due to the wild fires surrounding Santa Fe - I mean who would want to buy a house here right now with the risk of it burning down!!  :>(

However, that said, from all indications the market is still cluttered with those PB's (Potential Buyers) whose mindset goes back to the Neanderthal - Cro Magnon mentality.

YES - the BOTTOM FEEDERS are still around!  They have no pride when it comes to making an insulting offer on a home not do they mind insulting the intelligence of the seller.  So to them I still say BITE ME!!!!!!

Today we have an open house from 2-4 - I hope some serious intelligent PB's show up and the BOTTOM FEEDERS stay away and suck up some MUD from the bottom!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I feel sooooooooo much better!  BITE ME is a great saying - I use it a lot - almost as much as RUSTICITY :>) 

Now, back to something important - me and my WIP!!!!!

This represents color that was applied to a 10 x 8 canvas panel with swooshes using a palette knife and the freedom of expressive - emotional movements of the entire arm - generating at the shoulder - the shapes and colors were strictly done with spontaneity and no predetermined plan as to what this will end up being.  Additionally Impasto Gel was added to give the Blobs & Globs of juicy paint some additional texture and a shine to its surface.

I'll look at this for a day or two and all of a sudden a brilliant thought will come to mind and I'll say "DUH - I will paint a-------(whatever!)

WIP 10 X 8 CANVAS PANEL



DETAIL