This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, July 9, 2011

DREAMCATCHERS

I am a strong believer in Native American folklore, beliefs and traditions. Since I was about twelve years old I have actually believed that I am part Native American. My grandmother told me that I was part Native American on my grandfather's side (her husband.) I never knew my grandfather as he passed before I was born. My grandmother said he had so much Native American in him that he never had to shave. At this point I will now add WE ALL KNOW GRANDMOTHERS DO NOT LIE!  His Native American heritage went back into the Canadian tribes - more than that I do not know.

Living in the southwest has afforded me the chance to learn more about NA culture and I have also become a collector of NA pottery made here in New Mexico on the many Pueblos in our area as well as Arizona.


I have designed a "LOGO" for our RV, which will be graphically displayed in large format on either the back or side of our RV. The logo is a "Dreamcatcher"



The legend of a Dreamcatcher is passed on as follows: Native Americans of the Great Plains believe the air is filled with both good and bad dreams. Historically, dreamcatchers were hung in the tipi or lodge and on a baby's cradle board. According to legend, the good dreams pass through the center hole to the sleeping person. The bad dreams are trapped in the webbing, where they perish in the light of dawn. I have several dreamcatchers hanging in my home and from my easel as I do a lot of day-dreaming when painting.


TYPICAL DREAMCATCHER:



The name of our RV will be DREAMCATCHERS and this will be printed (DECAL OR PAINTED) over the top of the dreamcatcher using curved letters. I am also having some shirts with the same logo on the back made up for me and my DW --- at the bottom of the feathers will be the word CREW.