This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, July 15, 2011

ANOTHER STORY-ANOTHER BOSS

First this is a photo from our front courtyard of the smoke plume from the Pacheco Canyon wild fire which is about 15 miles from our house - as the crow flies. Last week we saw flames shooting up - remember this is in a canyon and those mountains rise up from that canyon quite a ways!!!

I promised to tell one more story of the Family Owned bank I worked for. ( I HEARD THAT - SOMEONE OUT THERE SAID "OH DAM!" Trust me I can HEAR YOU!!!! I proceed!!!  This boss was a nephew to the "OLD MAN" - three generations worked in this "Institution" - YOU COULD TRIP OVER THEM IN THE HALLWAYS!!! 

This boss was a NEAT FREAK!! He also would keep people waiting for long periods of time as he was also always late for meetings!!! I figure if I can be on time so can everyone else!!! It does not work that way!!!
He had a little round table at one end of his very, very large office so while sitting a that and waiting sometimes upwards to 2 hours for his GRAND arrival I would do things that I knew would irritate him. You know how the elastic part of your socks seem to come apart and little string like pieces of the stuff that was suppose to keep your socks up would get frayed? Well, at times I would pull those little stringy thingies and put them on his very plush carpet under his little round meeting table! :>) :>) :>)

Without fail he would notice them HEE-HEE-HEE and would tell me that I needed to get after the cleaning crew as they were not cleaning his office properly! I often wondered where he thought these little stringy thingies came from as I'm sure he wore a pair of socks only once and then tossed them - sooooooooo - they could not be from HIS SOCKS!!! I would tell him that I was on it and the cleaning crew would be brought to task!!!

Later that day when he went out, I would go up to his office - pick up the stringy thingies and advise him that I MADE the cleaning crew come back in (at no cost) and do a right proper job of cleaning his office!!!
This family existed for the sole purpose of finding things wrong and letting you know every little thing they found.  Their real joy was watching how quickly you responded to their silly little demands and the faster you responded the more they liked you - especially if you had kicked some butt and been mean in the process!  If you made some one CRY you were like their HERO!!!!  They were a sick little family unit.  They trusted no one - not even the family members!

For 32 years I played THEIR game but with MY rules!!!!

One day he assigned me (his SVP) the task of shopping for one of those floor type shoe polisher/buffer thingies! His only direction to me was "And I don't want a cheap one!!"

I spent all day (paid of course) trying to locating one for him - I of course took many coffee breaks and a nice long lunch for 2 hours!!  Finally my wife and I located one for him that evening at the mall!!!!

Now I paint! ( I heard that!!!)