This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, June 1, 2013

Land Escape No. I

I'm starting a new series which I call LAND ESCAPES.

These are areas of land that I can envision myself going for a long walk - silent meditation - places to perhaps lay down and watch the sky - places that are colorful in my mind's eye as well peaceful in their very being.  For the most part they will be forests or fields - such as "where the buffalo use to roam."  The forests will be places like the Sangre d' Christo mountains in Santa Fe NM where we lived for 5 years at the base of these mountains which provided many - many hours of peaceful hiking and plein air painting along with solitude.

This is "LAND ESCAPE No. I

9 x 24 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Interactive acrylics - quickly done with gusto - emotion - spontaneity and a 2 inch brush for the sky and a smaller brush was used for the rest of the painting which is all "dry brush" technique.

I put in the sky with loads of paint on a 2 inch brush





I very quickly put in hills and a land mass using the same 2 inch brush as used for the sky.  This will go very quickly- with lots of emotion and spontaneity of color and form in an abstract style.  
This painting is generated wet into wet very, very quickly with sweeping full arm strokes in order to give sort of an "open plains" feeling- like "Where the buffalo use to roam."

BAM - WE HAVE A PAINTING



DETAIL


 

Hope you enjoyed this quick demo there will be more pieces in this series.

JR      :>)