This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Abandoned in Charlevoix - Quebec Canada

Hello Blog Buddies,

I have decided to change up the format of my blog once again - just to keep things interesting.  ( I hope )  For many, many  years I posted daily demos of my paintings and explained my process of painting.  This quite honestly became way too time consuming and based on the lack of interactive chatter from the viewers of my blog - I stopped doing this.
Next I kept my posting to once a week instead of daily and posted demos of several paintings I did during that week - this seem to work out although viewer response ( with a standing invitation to do so ) was once again lacking ( as in the complete absence thereof. )

More on this later in the post.

9 x 12 
"ABANDONED IN CHARLEVOIX - QUEBEC CANADA"




The Charlevoix region, located in Quebec, includes parts of the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River and the Laurentian Mountains region of the Canadian Shield. This dramatic landscape includes rolling terrain, fjords, headlands and bays; the region was designated a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1989.
We always tour this area as there are many artists who have their gallery in their home and although their work is more "RUSTIC" than the artists in most "City Galleries" it is a style that makes one think of countryside rusticity.  Some of it is quite chunky and perhaps clunkie but it is true Canadian art expressed by some very talented folks.

The region was named after Pierre François-Xavier de Charlevoix, a French Jesuit explorer and historian who traveled through this region in the 18th century. The community of La Malbaie was known as the first resort area in Canada. As early as 1760, Scottish noblemen Malcolm Fraser and John Nairn hosted visitors at their manors. For much of its history, Charlevoix was home to a thriving summer colony of wealthy Americans, including President William Howard Taft.

Painted on heavy linen paper - alla prima - brush and palette knife with lots of gusto & emotion. This is painted in a Quebecois painterly style which is a style of painting used primarily by the French speaking local artists of Quebec.  Painted with emotion - freedom of stroke and rusticity.

Starting with this blog post I will continue posting weekly - but - I will only post one or two paintings - the ones that I think represent my best work during the past week.
My purpose for blogging has changed from that of teaching to that of trying to get my work out to the public with the hopes that a piece or two may catch the eye of a potential buyer.  With the ongoing sluggish economy sales are few and far between - however one still needs to try.

Unfortunately Punta Gorda is what I call an "ART DEFICIENT" community.  Meaning art galleries of substance are non-existent so therefore outlets to sell are missing from this wonderful little town.

In the near future I hope to investigate Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa and Naples which are sort of "Big Cities" with an understanding of the "art scene" as compared to charming little Punta Gorda.

I Would not want to live in these "Big Cities"  - too big ---- too busy not my THANG!!!
Hope you enjoy this posting - if you have any questions, feedback, input or interest in a painting - email me - the link is at the beginning of the blog -


Hope you enjoyed - I'll be back next week.

JR     :>)