This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, March 27, 2015

Chamisa Yellow WIP ?????

WIP - "Chamisa Yellow" block-in - I normally begin all my paintings in the same manner - I draw a straight horizon line and then using very watery acrylic paint I loosely  put in elements and directional lines that I might or might not use in the final version of the painting.

"I begin with an idea, but as I work, the picture takes over. Then there is the struggle between the idea I preconceived... and the picture that fights for its own life." George Baselitz

Sometimes I use various shades of gray and other times grays and some of the color I may use in the painting - but like everything else that is open to change :>)

The block-in for "Chamisa Yellow" 9 x 18 is but a loose watery watercolor at this point.  I will say that there have been times that I've gone no further than the block in!  I painted both detailed and loose watery watercolors for 12 years before finding acrylics and some of my block in work I consider a finished watercolor painting.

I have to say I am leaning towards leaving this "AS IS" - it is reminding me of the work done by the "Old Taos Painters" - sooooo off into the corner it goes for further evaluation!!!







Hope you enjoyed this presentation.

JR      :>)