This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, January 7, 2016

I Am Tree No. V

Every once in a while I add another tree to my ongoing series of "I AM TREE."

This new one - No. V is 12 x 16 on acid free heavy linen paper - done alla prima - using big brushes and a palette knife - the tree was done with a palette knife and the rest of the painting with 2 inch brushes.
The sole purpose of this painting was to portray "TEXTURE"   I love texture in paintings - to me the texture yells out "Hey - look at me!"

This was done using a photo of a tree in a hay field in Waco Texas.

This is done in a loose painterly style - with lots of emotion & spontaneity using thick juicy paint.

My 2 inch brushes and palette knife.