This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, August 24, 2013

DUNES IN SHADE - FORT PICKENS FLORIDA

Yo my friends,

This is a extra posting for this week - but I painted this after breakfast this morning and decided I wanted to post it - after all this is my blog - having said that - which I just said - I can post whenever I want --RIGHT!!!!  :>)

DUNES IN THE SHADE - FORT PICKENS BEACH FLORIDA
9 X 12 ON SINGLE CANVAS SHEET - PALETTE KNIFE AND BRUSH 

The sand on the beaches of Fort Pickens ( Pensacola Fl) is as white as the new fallen snow.  It is a very light sand and has lots of sparkle to it - just like snow.  When the - breezes blow - daily - this pure white sand is blown across the access roads and they actually have to plow the sand with snow plows - load it into trucks and redeposit it back onto the beaches.

A most remarkable site!!!

During our 12 months of living in our RV and touring the USA and Canada - we stayed at Fort Pickens for 2 weeks - a most exciting and memorable stay - you feel like you are at the end of the earth with just beach and sea all around you.

I've been told (by other artists ) not to paint the sand white as a white ground is reserved for SNOW!!!!!  To this I say NAY - NAY- NAY.  The sand on the beaches of Fort Pickens is as white as the new fallen snow and so shall it be in my paintings of Fort Pickens beaches - as without white sand it would not be Fort Picken beaches.





Hope you enjoyed this additional post this week - my DW Melissa and I just love Fort Pickens beaches - such a beautiful site - if you have never been there --------

GO NOW!!!

JR    :>)