This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, August 22, 2013

YO My Friends

Well Blog Buddies another week has passed!!!!  Time seems to fly by so fast - Monday rolls around and before I know it the weekend is upon us.  I'm a creature of habit which can be a good thing and it can also lead to boredom - as in you always know what is coming next!  :>)

In the past I was really bad at this and had to try hard to kick the "creature of habit" thang!!!  I always went food shopping on the same day of the week - did the laundry on the same day of the week and cleaned the house on the same day of the week - HOLY CRAP - BORING-BORING-BORING!!!

I've finally gotten myself to the point that food shopping gets done only when needed - laundry also only gets done when needed.  Cleaning the house is every Friday night only because my wife teaches a yoga class from 5 - 7 so I can get the cleaning done with minimum disruptions to our daily life.

Travelling/living in our RV full time for close to a year got me to the point that I was able to kick these anal habits as the RV of course had a small refrigerator so food shopping got done when there was room in the frig for more food and the laundry had to be done at a laundry-mat and that we put off until really - really necessary as those places are a PITA!!

Sooooo I of course did some more paintings over the past week and enough of my jibber - jabber it's time to present those paintings that I best like for my efforts.  As you know - perhaps - I've been into what my DW calls "SOFT LANDSCAPES" and I call "LAND ESCAPES" - I've seemed to be fixated on prairies and plains and marsh like land - I'm sure its most likely a "passing thang" but if not hang in there - I'll move onto something else sooner of later.  :>)

CANOLA FIELD - ILE D' ORLEANS QUEBEC
9 X 12

This is done in a Quebecois painterly style




THE POPPY FIELDS
6 X 18





PRAIRIE BAD LANDS 
S. DAKOTA NATIONAL PARK
6 X 18




ABANDONED - ILE D' ORLEANS
QUEBEC - QUEBECOIS PAINTERLY STYLE
9 X 12




MINI LANDSCAPES
DONE IN A QUEBECOIS SEMI ABSTRACT STYLE WITH PALETTE KNIFE
4X6




PALETTE KNIFE 
QUEBECOIS SEMI ABSTRACT STYLE
SUMMER SKY
11 X 14





Well my friends that's it for this week.  Blogs are a funny thing - I've play around with my blog for several years, changing the format from a viewer comment format to and non-comment format. The reason being viewers just don't seem to comment on blogs - they just like to look.  I always wrote a lot of jibber-jabber and thought perhaps viewers became bored with my ramblings - I went from posting daily to posting weekly - I went from posting many paintings to just posting one painting.   I got a complaint ( woo-hoo a comment ) that folks wanted to see more paintings - so now I post weekly - several paintings and not so much jibber-jabber.  Although this whole paragraph is clearly jibber-jabber.  

The only advice I can give is ---- if you think I post too many paintings then
Don't look at all of them :>)

Have a great weekend and up coming week and as you go through this period of time try to say hello to a passing stranger on the sidewalk or in the supermarket - also throw a smile at people you pass by - your day will improve as will theirs.

Back again about the same time next week - unless I hit the lottery or find a better way to spend my time.


JR    :>)