This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Softscapes Continued

Yo my friends,

I've continued on with my "Softscape" series having done 5 more of them.  I'm having lots of fun with these and at the same time fortifying the theory of "loose painterly painting" in that "Less is More."

I'm a firm believer in that theory as well as "Let the viewer finish portions of the painting."  I feel if a painting has so much detail that the viewer only has the function of "looking" at the painting - the painting will very quickly become very boring and the viewer will move onto the next piece exhibited.

So the next two in sequence are:


Softscape No. III
9 x 12

Music has a great influence on my painting in that the type of music has a direct effect on the outcome of the painting both with the colors and the form.
This was painted to a Maranda Lambert CD so the colors are bright,  bold and the form is loose and bouncy. 





Softscape No. IV
9 x 12

This one has minimal color but yet I think it presents itself quite well and allows the viewer to tell themselves a story as to what kind of weather there is.
I normally work with bright- bold color but at times my mood is subdued perhaps by the music I'm playing at the time or by the weather outside my studio.

This was painted while listening to a "Little Big Town" album and some of their "soft passages" are found in this painting.






Check out my ETSY shop as I've added lots of paintings for my 
HOLIDAY 20 % off SALE

Just left click on the following link 


I perhaps will not post next week as the Holiday Season is upon us so I wish you and yours a very happy and healthy Holiday Season.

JR    :>)