This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Progression of Autumn

Yo my friends,

I love color and texture which is why most of my paintings have bold - bright color and lots of brush work or palette knife work has a lot of visible texture to it.  I more often then not throw caution to the wind and favor the side of spontaneity.

I did a painting 12 x 18 and my DW (darling wife) thought the sky was too active/busy.  I will admit that I went a bit overboard with my color and texture so she suggested that I eliminate some of the sky.  Sooooooo I cut off the top 6 inches of sky ( painting was on linen paper ) - long story even longer - the "chopped down" painting looked much better and I was happy with the results of eliminating the top 6 inches.  Welllllll - the story continues - I took the 6 inches of cut off sky and turned it into a painting which I call "The Progression of Autumn"  It is 6 x 18




I hope you enjoy this painting and remember I'm having a 20% sale on my Etsy Shop - so check it out ( Link below ) and contact me if you see something you like or if you have some questions.

JR    :>)

Check out my ETSY shop as I've added lots of paintings up there to kick off my HOLIDAY 20 % off SALE

Just left click on the following link - then click on the 
"go to link shown"