This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Softscapes

Hello my friends.

Softscapes are paintings that I use very light touches of the brush to the painting surface and also leave some of the white of the painting surface showing through. The result is what appears to be sort of an older aged painting with a fine art appearance.

Softscapes is a term that I made up and quite honestly most of the scenes that I paint in this softscape manner are also "mindscapes" - that is to say the scene is a conglomeration of scenes I have seen and scenes in my mind.  I combine these scenes into what I term a mindscape.

I use a "dry brush" technique for most of my paintings which means the brush is never more than just barely damp - not wet but damp.  Most of my paintings are done "alla prima" -- In One Sitting.  I paint very quickly and the average time I spend on a painting is 1 1/2 hours to 15 minutes depending of size and complexity.

SOFTSCAPE No. I
9 x 12



SOFTSCAPE No. II
6 x 18




Holiday Sales have been going quite well on my Etsy Shop - check it out and if you see something you like send me an email and we can talk about it.  You need to contact me via email in order to receive the discount. 

EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 4, 2013 THROUGH JANUARY AS PART OF A

 HOLIDAY SALE - ALL PRICES WILL BE DISCOUNTED BY 20% AT THE

 TIME OF PURCHASE

START YOUR HOLIDAY SHOPPING EARLY!!!!!!!!

Original Acrylic art work by award winning artist JR Secor. 


All paintings are ORIGINAL - NO PRINTS

Paintings are unframed, unmounted, unmatted

Only Professional acid free materials are use.


 I wish all you folks a very Happy Holiday Season.
Enjoy life every day and live well.




Hope you enjoyed this presentation.

JR      :>)