This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, April 17, 2014

Another Painterly Scene

I love the colors of the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf Coast of Florida.  Very similar colors.  My journey of developing a semi-abstract "painterly" style I feel is moving along quite well - and I'm quite pleased with my progression.  I always like to show movement in my paintings be it a landscape or a seascape.
I feel very strongly about that as the artist must keep the viewer interested or they will say goodbye! :>(

I look at a painting without movement to be a "still life" - when outdoors, 99.9% of the time things are moving ------ so why not show that in a painting?  It can only generate viewer interest and also act as a tool to have the viewer, in their mind, concoct a story from the painting.  There always needs to be some unfinished parts of a painting to allow viewer interaction.

"OK - I'll COME WITH YOU!!"
12 X 24





Hope you enjoyed this seascape.

Later my friends,

JR    :>)