This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm BACK!!!!!!!

Yo my friends,

I'm still on the Saltwater Tidal Marsh journey---------------

I love marshes and bogs as they have such a peaceful feeling to them plus lots of birds hang out in and near the waterways within these places.   Of course here in Florida one needs to be watchful of alligators!!!!!!  A while back a woman stopped on the grass on the side of the road and started to change a flat tire - well---------- a GATOR came out of the waterway (which the woman did not know was there as it was after the sun went down) and as I'm sure you guessed the GATOR grabbed her and started to drag her back into the waterway.  Fortunately a motorist stopped to see if the person needed assistance and saved the woman by beating off the alligator!!!!  The woman had to have the leg amputated it was damaged so badly.

HOLD CRAP!!!!!

I'll wait in the car and call AAA!!!!!!!

Soooooo for now I'll limit my marshes and bogs to Nova Scotia and Cape Cod!!  :>)


Autumnal Tidal Saltwater Marsh No. II
Nova Scotia Hubbards Cove - Mahone Bay area
6 x 12 
semi abstract with texture

We spent a month in Nova Scotia during our year long RV journey and i happen to love Canada - especially the Old Quebec area - well - Nova Scotia was just as beautiful!!!

NO ALLIGATORS HERE!!!!!




Being from new England my wife and I spent many a day on Cape Cod and just loved the Wellfleet area.

Autumnal Tidal Saltwater Marsh No. III
Cape Cod - Wellfleet area
6 x 12 






Tidal Saltwater Marsh No. IV
Cape Cod Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
Dry Brush technique
6 x 12 

I'm a morning painter - I have most of my energy and creativity in the early hours right after breakfast - about 8 - 9 am.
If I wait until the afternoon the day seems to get bogged (play on words) down with other things to do or problems or interruptions that negate my creative soul.  Therefore 95% of my work is done between 8-9 or 9-10 in the morning.  Sometimes I will  throw in a 2nd painting right after the first - it depends on how charged up I am after the first one.

Tidal Saltwater Marsh No. IV
Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary  - Cape Cod
6 x 12 Dry Brush technique







Hope you enjoyed this journey - see y'all next week

JR    :>)