This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TIDAL SALTWATER MARSH DEMO NO. I (NOVA SCOTIA)

YO MY BLOG BUDS

I have not put a demo up on my blog for a while so this morning after breakfast I did a quick demo as a warm up for the painting efforts of today.  When I say quickly, I try not to spend more then 20 - 30 minutes on these "warm up quickies."  I love to paint loosely as most of you know - some people (painters) do not like the word "LOOSE" - for some reason these purists think that "LOOSE" means SLOPPY!!!  These purists like to use the word "EXPRESSIONISM"  I guess it is a fancier word but I like the word LOOSE and that how I paint and that's the word I use!!!!!
Often just to not be such a maverick - I say "I paint EXPRESSIONISM in a LOOSE style!!!!

A rose by another name is a -----

In order to facilitate my LOOSENESS - :>) I quickly paint in the essence of the scene with a big brush as small brushes cause one to be detailed and as we all know LESS IS MORE.
When I do this I use a gray paint in various shades so I can indicate my light and dark. Using gray also eliminates the white glare of the surface of the canvas thereby allowing me better color interpretation when I apply color.

HERE WE GO!!!!  THIS WON'T TAKE LONG - AS I SAY THIS IS A QUICK DEMO

TIDAL SALTWATER MARSH NO. I
NOVA SCOTIA
6 X 12 ON CANVAS SHEET

First I throw in the sky, the background and the foreground using a big brush 





Next I throw color into the sky and color into the background elements




I now throw in indications of the tidal waters and throw some autumnal color into the background



Next I throw in some marsh grasses with indications of autumn color


Now it's time to add some highlights and some reflected light from the light cloud mass towards the center of the sky





BAM-BAM-BAM 

WE HAVE A QUICK LOOSE PAINTING - DONE IN MY LOOSE STYLE WITH A TOUCH OF EXPRESSION 

JR    :>)