This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yo blog buddies,

I did a few more Southwest paintings that I will share with y'all and Autumn is starting to reach Southwest Florida so I'm working on some Autumnal pieces that I will share with you as well.

No jibber/jabber today so straight to to the meat!!!!   :>)


Desert Sunset
6 x 18
Dry Brush Technique

When the sunset starts in the southwest there is a mixture of blue - pink and light orange.  As it progresses, the hues become more intense and literally light up the ground










Desert Giant ( Study )
12 x 9
Palette knife and dry brush techniques

Saguaros are found exclusively in the Sonoran Desert. 
You find this cactus in southern Arizona and western Sonora, Mexico.  A few stray plants can also be found in southeast California.The saguaro is not currently listed as threatened or endangered. Arizona has strict regulations about the harvesting, collection or destruction of this species.With the right growing conditions, it is estimated that saguaros can live to be as much as 150-200 years old.Saguaro are very slow growing cactus. A 10 year old plant might only be 1.5 inches tall. Saguaro can grow to be between 40-60 feet tall (12-18m). When rain is plentiful and the saguaro is fully hydrated it can weigh between 3200-4800 pounds.
The saguaro is the largest cactus in the United States.
Most of the saguaros roots are only 4-6 inches deep and radiate out as far from the plant as it is tall. There is one deep root, or tap root that extends down into the ground more than 2 feet.






Next few paintings are of the Autumnal series

My DW (darling wife) that's RV talk - is an author and the sequel to her first book is in the printing stage as we speak.  There is a character in this book named Mr Sidney Boggs --- so me thinkith the change of the season to autumn couple with the character Mr. Boggs has stimulated my mind and directed it to BOGS!!!!!  I've been proof reading her novel for the last few months so my mind may be BOGGED down with BOGS :>)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!  :>)


Louisiana Bog
6 x 18
Dry Brush technique






Autumnal Bog No. I
9 x 12 
Palette Knife - lots of texture









The above 2 paintings is a good "compare and contrast" example of how a dry brush painting and a palette knife painting can differ.  The thicker paint of the palette knife  produces a much brighter image and the colors appear to be cleaner and clearer.
The dry brush painting is a softer image - almost pastel in appearance with what I call a 
"blurred fine art" look. 

As I've mentioned before - palette knife painting takes about 3 - 4 times the amount of paint as does dry brush - soooooooo it tends to get expensive :>(

Check out my ETSY shop as I've added lots of paintings up there to kick off my HOLIDAY 20 % off SALE

Just left click on the following link - then click on the 
"go to link shown"


Hope you enjoyed this journey through the Southwest as well as some BOG country.

Have a great weekend and remember as you travel down the paths of life - he who hesitates is in doubt!!!!!  So put your best foot forward - a smile on your face and walk a straight line.

JR     :>)