This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Process Of Autumn

Hello my friends,

I just did this painting the other day and brought some of my "painterly style" into it.  I find this style is working out very well for me as it gives me the looseness that I'm looking for yet at times I can sneak in just a tad of detail - but NOT TOO MUCH!!!!  As I always say "LESS IS MORE!!!!"

"The Process Of Autumn" - 8 x 24 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Interactive acrylics - done very quickly in a loose style using:

2 inch sky flow brush for sky
#20 short hair flat
#18 short hair flat
#16 short hair flat

I call these last 3 brushes my "stab & jab" brushes.  I use them many times instead of a palette knife and the painting motion is to load the brush with paint and perform quick "stab & jab" strokes both in an upward and downward manner depending on the desired effect.  At times I will load each side of the bristles with a different color paint - this gets a great marble effect of blending colors.  These brushes because of their short hairs will leave grass like marks.





The Process Of Autumn
8 x 24 - Heavy Linen Paper





My stab & jab brush work is easy to spot in the back-ground, mid-ground and fore-ground. This adds to the painterly style and brings about an element of interest for the viewer to follow.

Hope you enjoyed


JR     :>)