This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, May 8, 2016

Lecho del rio seco so'lo unos restos de goteo

Living in AZ for seven years I have seen river beds - washes and streams overflow their banks by 2 - 3 times the depth of the bottom soil - it is an amazing sight to see when all of a sudden water gushes as tho someone opened the flood gates - everything in its way is washed away!!!

Mid April we took a trip back to AZ -or- The Mother Land as I call it ( I love it there) and 99% of the river beds - washes and streams were all but dried up and the vegetation around them parched - this being said - they are still IMHO beautiful.

"Lecho del rio seco so'lo unos restos de goteo"
"Dry river Bed Only A Trickle Remains"

18 x 24 on heavy linen paper - Chroma Interactive acrylics with embellishments in WSO for textural purposes and highlights. WSO is a new medium I am trying out. This was done alla prima - with 2 1/2 inch brush - gusto and a love for the SW land.




JR       :>)