This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, May 8, 2016

Cathedral Rock Sedona

Just returned from a vacation in Sedona AZ - one of the most viewed rock formations is Cathedral Rock.  This painting is done with large brushes - 2 1/2 & 2 inch brushes and is done in a "thick paint" style much like that of Brad Teare.

18 x 24 on heavy linen paper - alla prima - Chroma Interactive acrylics - gusto and a deep love for the lands of the Southwest.







Living in AZ for 7 years, Cathedral Rock was my "signature painting" - there are many rock formations in Sedona but Cathedral is IMHO the most magnificent of them all.  It is simply dominates the landscape and has a majestic appearance.

JR     :>)