This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, August 13, 2015

2nd steel drum posting

This is the 2nd painting I've done using the music of Steel Drum musician Joe Florentino.  Joe IMHO is a Master steel drum musician - I love the steel drum.  I have one of his CD's and since I always paint to music - I thought I would try to couple my painting with his music.  The CD I have has 15 songs on it and I would assume the total play time is the best part of one hour.

I had a foggy vision of what I wanted to paint - I started the CD playing and I started throwing paint!!!  When Joe improvised with his music - I improvised with my painting - when Joe went a little jazzy - I went a little jazzy.  When his music stopped - I stopped painting!

Swayin' with the Steelin'
12 x 18 - acrylic on heavy linen paper in a painterly style 


Some Detail