This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, August 13, 2015

My Good Fortune

A very short time ago - like maybe 2 weeks ago my wife and I went to our favorite beach Boca Grande which is on the island of Gasparilla about 45 minutes from our home.  We spent a couple of hours on the beach and then went to our favorite restaurant - Miller's Dockside - great place and great food!!!!  My good fortune was they had a steel drum musician during the lunch hours - Joe Fiorentino.  I love steel drum music and I applauded the talents of Joe - a very fine steel drum player with lots of improvising and a wide range of music.  Wellllllllll he came over and gave me a free CD!!!!  Long story short I've been listening to that CD almost non stop and am now starting to paint Florida scenes to this fantastic music.  I always paint to music and to be honest with the exception of my Native America flute music the rest of it has been sounding stale!!!!  I have gotten a new vigor and vitality back and I'm looking forward to many more lively paintings in conjunction with Joe's music.

This is the first piece I did.

Sanibel Outcropping
18 x 24 


Check Joe out on the web or google him - I'm not sure if his CD's are for sale on the internet - I hope so because I want more of them!!!!!!


JR     :>)