This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sanibel Outcropping

Sanibel Island has some beautiful beaches and some wonderful outcroppings of land into the ocean.

This was done on a semi-windy day with some surf coming u onto the sand and some blowing sand - which helped give the painting some texture!!!  :>)

With a brush I throw in a rough sketch of the scene.



Next I throw in the sky indicating the type of day it is


Working quickly - I throw in the trees and some of the sandy beach area


I start building the ocean and indications of the waves coming into shore with some foliage adjustments a tweaks here and there


This was painted with a 1 1/2 inch brush that I picked up this morning at Home Depot for $2.48.  Wash it out good with dish detergent and comb it out to dry and it will mostly likely last me 6 - 8 months to a year.  The brush on the right is a #18 filbert brush which I used to sketch the scene and for some tweaks here & there.